Plan to develop PSX emulator for Xbox One

What are the following projects?
Smoke

Re: Plan to develop PSX emulator for Xbox One

Post by Smoke » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:24 pm

jirkawaggon wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:03 pm
I think it's a wrong way - to create an emulator and mask it as another program.

My idea is based on a different concept: create a development environment or a very simple game (for example, in the style of 8-bit graphics) that would enable to make, upload (via USB) and share levels created by players. Something in the style of Project Spark.

Creation of these levels would be possible on PCs, too. The emulator itself, will then be uploaded by the user as another " game level". Likewise, he will load the BIOS console and ROMs.
Thus, Microsoft could not delete this "game" from Store- it would not contain even a portion of the emulator,  responsibility would be on the end user respectively creators of "level".

What do you think about this concept?
Personally I think it's fine, in fact there is already one of that developer style by the creator of the Nesbox emulator called TIC-80 that runs on the browser. Check out this website https://nesbox.itch.io/tic for more information. Good luck :)

ahgvjn
Site Admin

Re: Plan to develop PSX emulator for Xbox One

Post by ahgvjn » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:26 pm

jirkawaggon wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:03 pm
I think it's a wrong way - to create an emulator and mask it as another program.

My idea is based on a different concept: create a development environment or a very simple game (for example, in the style of 8-bit graphics) that would enable to make, upload (via USB) and share levels created by players. Something in the style of Project Spark.

Creation of these levels would be possible on PCs, too. The emulator itself, will then be uploaded by the user as another " game level". Likewise, he will load the BIOS console and ROMs.
Thus, Microsoft could not delete this "game" from Store- it would not contain even a portion of the emulator,  responsibility would be on the end user respectively creators of "level".

What do you think about this concept?
It's impossible to execute the code from the game level package, because the app within another app can't be run in UWP's sandbox mode. It's not an app but only a binary file.