The full guide of installing an emulator on Xbox One

Do you need your help installing an emulator on the Xbox One?
cacaroka

Re: The full guide of installing an emulator on Xbox One

Post by cacaroka » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:38 am

thank you so much
i really excited for your next emulator and i hope is dreamcast emulator ❤

Smoke

Post by Smoke » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:05 pm

cacaroka wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:38 am
thank you so much
i really excited for your next emulator and i hope is dreamcast emulator ❤
Hehe, maybe in the future. Right now we are focusing on improving existing emulators.

Metalmario182

Post by Metalmario182 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:24 pm

Hello!
I was wondering if there any known general issues when using dev mode once I convert my xbox?
Like playing my regular retail games, any kind of frame-rate dips or graphical glitches that I might not have experienced otherwise until I install dev mode?
Thanks in advanced! I really want to get these emulators so I can play my favorite retro games but it's not worth shortening my xbox life span/playing retail games with decreased performance.

Also by the same network do you mean it has to be wired from my xbox to the computer or just both devices on the same WiFi connection I use at my home?

And this may be a noob question but what do I need to sideload the roms?
Just trying to figure out if the Dev kit is worth the purchase and then I will buy a couple emulators.

ahgvjn
Site Admin

Post by ahgvjn » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:32 am

Metalmario182 wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:24 pm
Hello!
I was wondering if there any known general issues when using dev mode once I convert my xbox?
Like playing my regular retail games, any kind of frame-rate dips or graphical glitches that I might not have experienced otherwise until I install dev mode?
Thanks in advanced! I really want to get these emulators so I can play my favorite retro games but it's not worth shortening my xbox life span/playing retail games with decreased performance.

Also by the same network do you mean it has to be wired from my xbox to the computer or just both devices on the same WiFi connection I use at my home?

And this may be a noob question but what do I need to sideload the roms?
Just trying to figure out if the Dev kit is worth the purchase and then I will buy a couple emulators.
I am not sure I understand your questions clearly. I'm trying to answer you as I understand as I can.

1.There will be no graphics issues related with dev mode. The normal mode won't be affected at all after you switch back to play your retail games. Dev mode is only related with deploying apps without store license. The dev mode is limited by CPU core usage and available spaces, though they're capable enough of emulating old console games.
2. No need to connect xbox with computer. Even not necessary to be in the same wifi network if the device portal is used to deploy the appx packages. However, it's better to keep the PC and xbox one in the same wifi.
3. You can play emulators in only dev mode. If you want to play normal games, leave dev mode but keep the apps(emulators) untouched. When you want to play emulators, go to the dev mode again.

Scooby346

Post by Scooby346 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:34 pm

How do i install roms?

Scooby346

Post by Scooby346 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:35 pm

Also onedrive does not work

Leeroyjenkins

Post by Leeroyjenkins » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:41 pm

Couldn't get the winapp cmd to work and I also can't get the URL to connect to my Xbox how do I fix this

ahgvjn
Site Admin

Post by ahgvjn » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:55 pm

Scooby346 wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:34 pm
How do i install roms?
For WinPSP and WinPSe10, you could simply load roms from external hard drive. For Win64e10 and GBA10, you have to put a rom on OneDrive before importing it into the local storage of the emulator.

ahgvjn
Site Admin

Post by ahgvjn » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:55 pm

Scooby346 wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:35 pm
Also onedrive does not work
For which emulator? What's the error, crash or freeze etc?

ahgvjn
Site Admin

Post by ahgvjn » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:01 pm

Leeroyjenkins wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:41 pm
Couldn't get the winapp cmd to work and I also can't get the URL to connect to my Xbox how do I fix this
Did you successfully installed the Windows 10 SDK? What's the error message in the cmd prompt when you run the cmd winappdeploycmd -v?

Did you enable xbox device portal? What error message do you get when you try to access the url from a browser?